Tuesday 12 August 2014

Aesthetic is such a dumb word

I thought I'd do a post of the *~ aesthetic ~* I'm into at the moment. I have become obsessed with trawling through street style blogs like hel-lookstokyo fashion + drop tokyo. Here are some things that I have really been diggin: pastel colours, striped sweaters, grids, layering (also when people layer chiffon over skirts like tavi did in i-D), retro trainers, varsity knee socks, makeup in unusual colours (red, orange, yellow, blue), stickers, mom jeans, dark denim, eighties bomber jackets, slogan tees, plants as accessories, multiple piercings, tennis skirts etc etc.


















1 - Björk by Takashi Homma // 2 - Make-up at Ter et Bantine // 3 - Yoo Ji Hyun for Rocket x Lunch // 4 // 5






















1 - Rokas Darulis for Client Magazine // 2 // 3 // 4





Above source
Clockwise from top left 1 // 2 // 3




1 - dior by raf simons // 2 - screen cap from whisper of the heart // 3 - Jackie Chan // 4 // 5
Clockwise from left (below) 1 - LAUNDRY BLUES 14’ // 2 // 3 - Bruno Staub for Out Magazine








1 - low classic s/s 2014 photographed by jinyong kim // 2 // 3 // 4
From left (below) 1 - Tokyo Fashion // 2 - Tavi by Petra Collins for i-D
























1 - Fruits Magazine // 2 // 3 - unknown // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7
From left (below) 1 - Lisette Cornelisse by Ester Grass Vergara // 2 - Masafumi Sanai for Switch Magazine

***** 

Here's where you can shop the aesthetic….












16 comments :

  1. really complete post ! i love japan aesthetic, especially in architecture! it's amazing that minimalism became srong and full of meanings !
    LOve,
    C
    http://visualthink.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I know, I would love to visit Japan! :)

      Delete
  2. Urgh... this post is just so amazing :' )!! Had to scroll through it a few times >.<
    And that bag, Omd!! so cool! The candy jumpers and Ping pong t-shirt i NEED them. Urgently!
    Oh, and I love the thing Tavi was wearing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy imma have to drag you into town to get your cartilage pierced;) love the tokyo street style pics xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay but I need to get my seconds done first and then imma get my cartilage done :))

      Delete
  4. I love this collection of pics...I really love Scandinavian and Japanese style~ ugh I always feel pretentious using the word aesthetic but there arent many replacement words...

    http://happydayscalilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kanken backpack is a must have for me. All these close have this frumpy-cozy-cute vibe that i adore~

    ReplyDelete
  6. these images were all very visually together - i love that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love all these pictures. Especially those Homer socks!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duuuuuude, I so feel this vibe too. The denim, the while, the tennis skirts, the bobs. I love drop tokyo and all of these photos have been SO WELL CHOSEN. I'm totally mind blown by your awesome curating skills, bro. Lovin it.

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog, love this post x

    ReplyDelete