Monday 22 September 2014

Art is lyfee

Hey guyssss! So school is going okay at the moment I guess. I just want to fast forward this year tbh and go to college so I can focus more of my energy on art and not subjects like German and maths. In recent news, I have decided to get a tennis skirt from american apparel as I cannot resist the temptation any longer! It will probably mean I am completely skint for ages but YOLO, you have to make a few sacrifices in life.
I have also recently got into the band, Japan. They are kind of weird but I like all the sci-fi sound effects and Japanese instruments they use in their tracks, especially in these two: 1 , 2

Anyway, um, yeah. I just wanted to post some more of my recent art on here. Our initial starting point was portraits and from that I decided to focus on emphasising the natural colours in peoples' faces. I hope you guys are finding school okay and I was wondering if you could recommend me any artists that link to my work?
















Oil pastel drawings based on Aidan Koch
^^ This one isn't part of my portfolio but I just kind of like it?¿


Joy xx

22 comments :

  1. Your artwork is BEAUT. by any chance is that Eliot Sumner in BEAT magazine?? If so i read that article and thought the photos were stunning - u did a rad job of painting her! x

    www.weallscreamforicedreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tysm! Yeah it is her aha, I love her voice :) xx

      Delete
  2. Dude, this is so inspiring!! I'm in a rut trying to actually work on my "real art" and not the stupid doodle journal crap I always do and this is sooo motivating. I thank you!

    ALSO YOUR STUFF IS FREAKING AMAZING AND KIND OF UNBELIEVABLE.

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you are crazy talented at art- no wonder you want to concentrate all your energy there!
    but maybe German will come in handy some day? (maths not so much...)
    i like all the stickers around the last portrait too- they're cute <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh tysm! I hope german comes in handy I've been trying to learn it for years haha :) xx

      Delete
  4. Haa super cute art as always!! I'd like to recommend you something but nothing comes to my mind, thow I'd like to know what you find :)
    Béa

    ReplyDelete
  5. you just posted this to make me jealous, right?
    Your artworks are so amazing and inspiring! <3
    btw I´m working on a ´creative wall´ like yours and hope it will get that perfect...:)
    xx

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art is REALLY good - the best thing about it is that you have your own defined style which makes it tricky to pin down similar artists work. There's definitely an Elizabeth Peyton influence and maybe a hint of Michael Jules Lang's portrait style. Your use of colour reminds me of Toulouse-Lautrec ('The Bed') and some of Degas' work. Do you show any of your work on deviantART? Can't wait to see more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOAH you're so talented!! Keep making beautiful art <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your art is amazing, wow! Seriously I like it a lot, you're truly talented.
    xx Inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Your artwork is absolutely gorgeous :)
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really like your drawing style. By the way, I like your blog design too. It's simple but original.

    ReplyDelete