Sunday 18 May 2014

plants are lazy, they just sit around all day

I love botanical-style designs at the moment. I know it was agesss ago, but Christopher Kane's SS14 collection is one of my main sources of inspiration at the moment. The annotated diagrams of plants and flowers remind me of images straight out of science textbooks. I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to biology and I kind of like that the fashion industry is too. It makes a nice change from the predictable floral designs that normally fill the Spring catwalks.

Rikako Nagashima









I am in love with these Christopher Kane sweatshirts but unfortunately they are really expensive *cries*. So, if you're like me and would never be able to afford them, here are some cheaper alternatives...


T-shirt - Topshop

Shirt - Lazy Oaf   (i know this is for men but i really want it)

T-shirt- Zazzle

In other news, I went to the local flea market a while ago and bought some cute postcards and mini posters of vintage botanical illustrations. I'm really happy that I bought them because they kind of suit my aesthetic at the moment.



Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!

5 comments :

  1. I flipping love botanical diagrams. I have this one poster in my kitchen of mushrooms and it's the best thing ever, I've also always loved plants, especially succulents, and drawing them is so fun. I think my love for the diagrams also translates into why I love pressing flowers so much, because they look so 2d and like they popped out of a textbook. I hate textbooks, but the pictures are pretty in biology ones. ahhh. I really like this post. It fits my mood, strangely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay we can be plant friends together! Thank you, I'm glad that my post is relevant feels relevant :)

      Delete
  2. they look so good on your wall! I'm also feeling nature vibes right now hehe :)

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding post as always! Love the prints with the black background.
    I'm not sure if this would be of interest to you but I've found a website that sells antique flower prints, however, if you click on each thumbnail you get a full size hi-res image for free! It's at:
    http://www.bergbook.com/htdocs/prints.htm
    There's loads of stuff on the site :)

    ReplyDelete