Sunday 29 June 2014

I'm a female rebel

Hey folks! I've put off posting for a while as I have been revising and doing homework and other shiz. I am so proud of all of you that have made it through exams *sending virtual hugs as I write*. It's kind of become real now that I'm about to enter my last year of secondary school and I'm not really sure how to feel about it tbh. Anyway, lots of stuff has been going down recently which I need to share with you guys. I went into town the other day and bought this cute pair of sandals from topshop (below) as well as these super awesome pair of dino socks (also below). I am really happy with these sandals and they are so so comfy which is a great bonus. They are probably going to become a major feature in all my outfits this summer, so yeah, sorry in advance! I'm also wearing a second-hand dungaree dress, american apparel top and a vintage satchel.





I looked around a number of art exhibitions today, my favourite being: "Maximum Irony! Maximum Sincerity". There was this one part of the exhibition where the artists had created part of what looked like a teenager's bedroom. There were loads of old disposables and stickers stuck to the walls and lots of random memorabilia was stuffed onto the shelves. I would love to make my room look like this but it would take me years to collect enough stuff to cover my walls in the same way. I guess I'll just keep wishing :)




I really loved this idea of buying old paintings and painting words or images over the top. I know it looks like I'm being all pretentious (yuk pretentious is such a pretentious word yah know?) but just look how cute my hair looks from this angle. I am so happy with the length at the moment.
Short hair > long hair any day!


BTW GUYS ALT-J HAVE A NEW SONG OUT AND IT IS JUST ASAJHDHSKFJLDFGDL SO LISTEN TO IT NOW. IT'S SO FRICKIN GOOD AND THEY'VE EVEN SAMPLED MILEY IN IT AGHHHHHH


Joy xx

24 comments :

  1. love your posts as always! also amazing alt-j's new song is amazing, I totally agree! :)

    zingerbee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am literally in love with that song :))

      Delete
  2. Love this post!
    xx Inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! those sandals are perfection <3
    And your hair looks great, I wish I dared cut all of mine off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's not that scary tbh haha :)

      Delete
  4. I love those sandals (especially with the dino socks) and those exhibitions look amazing!
    xo
    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post is so perfect...the outfit is amazing and I want to go to the exhibition! where is it? x

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's in Bristol but I think it was ending this weekend xx

      Delete
  6. Love your outfit, the pictures on your blog are incredible x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/diy-distressed-mom-jeans.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. sanda/sock combo = totally rad, same goes for the rest of the outfit. lovely photos, beautiful hair...damn joy, your posts never fail to put me in a really bloody good mood.
    bella x
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you! It's so nice to hear this <333

      Delete
  8. I love the pastel colors of the wall behind you! And that art exhibit sounds really great! Also, those dino socks are so cute...I used to dislike socks and sandals, but now I'm warming up to them~

    http://happydayscalilife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ik I used to hate them too but they're actually super comfy aha! Thank you xx

      Delete
  9. Your outfit is so on point I love it so much. And your short hair always makes me want to cut my hair cause you rock it so well aaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!! and lovely outfit too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That satchel! I wish I could illegally download it or something because it is beautiful! I hope your exams went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was actually my great grandma's :) xx

      Delete
  12. oh you're making my want to to buy some denim overalls! you look so lovely and i adore the other photos, so nicely shot!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete